- All members of your team must be accepted and registered as Hackville 2021 participants.
- Teams must have 2-4 members in total.
- You may not be a part of more than one team.
- Your team can start working on projects starting at 9:00 PM EST on Friday, Feburary 5, 2021, and your team must stop at 9:00 AM EST on Sunday, Feburary 7, 2021.
- Projects that are to be submitted to hackville can only be worked on during the event.
- Plagiarism is not tolerated and any teams found to have plagiarized work will be disqualified from the hackathon.
- You may not submit a project that was started before the hackathon.
- You may use any publically available libraries/packages/assets.
- Final interpretation of these rules (including all rules on this page) is at the sole discretion of the Organizers, and potential violations will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- You must submit your project to hackville2021.devpost.com before 9:00 AM EST on Sunday, Feburary 7, 2021, to be eligible to be part of the judging processes and winning prizes.
- You must submit a pre-recorded pitch video with your submission to be considered for any of the prizes.
- Video submissions are recommended to be 3 minutes in length. Videos can be no longer then 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Submissions may not be submitted to multiple hackathons.
- Submissions must include links to all work that was done to create them (Prototype, website, Github repository, etc.).
- A Prototype is not required, but if you create one please include it in your submission.
- Alignment with Goal 4: Quality Eduction, and one of the other 4 goals listed below.
Address challenges in at least one of the following other SDGs
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
- Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
- Goal 13: Climate Action
- Presentation Quality
- Degree of innovation.
- Depth and breadth of Impace
Projects must focus on one or both of the following topics:
- 1) ensures increased access to education or
- 2) proposes a new type of education or learning method
Hackville Prize RULES
To be elagable for prizes given out by the hackville organizers you must be:
- Aged between 15-30.
- Must be a Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada
- The max amount of money participants can recieve is $750
Prizes that are a valid to all other participants that don't qualify for the above prize (eg. International students):
- 6 amazon echos
- 12 $25 amazon gift cards
If you are an international student at our hackathon or are not elliagable for our prizes, we recommend you take part in our sponsors challenges such as RBC's.
Hackville JUDGING RULES
- You must submit to Devpost
- Primary judging will happen on devpost between 9AM-12PM on Sunday Feburary 7.
- Your judging pitch should be focused on the idea and a working application. Having a short slideshow, product pitch and demo of the application is recommended.
HACKVILLE Live JUDGING RULES
- Live judging will happen over zoom between 12PM-1PM. The top 5 projects will be picked to present their projects during this time over zoom. Everyone else can watch the presentations on twitch live.
- Each team that make it into the top 5 will have 6-8 minutes to present their project and answer questions
SPONSORSHIP JUDGING RULES
- All projects that opt-in to any sponsor prizes must include a pre-recorded pitch video within the Devpost submission. If you do not include a video, your project will NOT be considered for sponsor prizes.
- All pitching members must be registered on to participate in Hackville 2021.
- submissions can try and win multiple sponsorship prizes.
RBC JUDGING CRITERIA
- The Challenge: Managing household spending can be difficult, especially if partners or roommates haven't combined their finances. How might a household split payments fairly and ensure expenses are taken care of and tracked automatically?
- Innovation of Solution: Scale and novelty of the technology being used, and the architectural approach taken
- People Impact: The extent to which the team has identified their target audience and why the product is valuable to them
- Functionality: Extent to which the final product functions in regards to it's full capabilities
- Pitch: Effectively communicates the solution across, each team member has an opportunity to present
EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Finally, remember that your participation at the event is subject to the MLH Code of Conduct.